Gift Voucher: Outdoor Painting Workshop
€85 – €210
This voucher covers a 1-Day Avoca Painting School outdoor workshop, with optional materials and accommodation packages available too. Our vouchers come without any time limit. Read about the next workshops locations here, or purchase in the blue box below now. Upon purchase we email the voucher with a unique code to use when you make your online booking.
You can print out the voucher cover here: gift-voucher-cover
You can print out the 2019 programme here: 2020 Choose your Outdoor Painting Workshop
You can print out voucher instructions here: Voucher Instructions
Avoca Painting School vouchers come in for special attention by Aiofe Barry on the Marian Finucane Show under the heading “Experience Gifts” and score 10 out of 10.
Avoca Painting School – Gift Voucher
Artist Rod Coyne runs the outdoor workshops from April through September at stunning painting locations in County Wicklow. Many people start their artistic journey with a Avoca Painting School gift voucher.
Gift Voucher – Outdoor Workshop Options
We had endeavor to cover the key variations for each attendees needs, but if you are unable to find your preferred option please contact us to create a tailored workshop.
- 1 Day Painting Workshop: for the painter who has their own preferred equipment and materials.
- Workshop + Materials: all the materials and equipment you need for a days painting. Includes: easel, palette, brushes, and acrylic paint, drawing materials and primed artist paper.
- Workshop + single B&B: for the painter who has their own materials, but needs B&B accommodation for the night before the workshop includes: single occupancy surcharge and packed lunch.
- Workshop + Materials + single B&B: includes workshop, materials and B&B accommodation for the night before the workshop includes: single occupancy surcharge and packed lunch the next day.
- Workshop x1 + Materials + double B&B: includes workshop, materials and B&B accommodation for the night before the workshop in a double room with packed lunch the next day.
Outdoor Workshop – What’s included?
- Painting demonstration: from blank canvas to finished picture
- Drawing tuition and guidance with an experienced, practicing artist
- Technical advise on colour mixing and composition
- Direction on interpreting light and reading the landscape
- Practical suggestions for painting outdoors
- Historical insights and views of the beautiful Wicklow scenery
Outdoor Workshop – Itinerary
We meet at this scenic Wicklow location at 10am and Rod Coyne will provide a drawing/painting demonstration as introduction before the group start their own art works. Throughout the day Rod always is on hand with individual tips and techniques for all students appropriate to their level. There is a much needed break for lunch before completing the days work at 4pm. The emphasis is on enjoying the painting process in an informal, friendly atmosphere, and as part of a group dynamic. The workshop is suitable for absolute beginners to experienced painters. It is an ideal chance for those who have dabbled and would like to learn a little more. At the end of the workshop everyone has a picture to take home.
See recent Painting Workshop students work on Facebook.
See Rod Coynes’ painting demos on YouTube.
Send a friend a Painting Workshop Voucher.
Book your own Workshop Accommodation
Not everyone books accommodation with us and we’re fine with that. Many Avoca Painting School students like to take charge and put their own weekend and holiday packages together. We have compiled a list of nearby overnight options to help you book your own workshop accommodation.